2022 Steve McQueen Edition Scrambler 1200 Serial 0278
Atlanta Georgia, USA, June 9, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Triumph 1000 # 0278, 2022 Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition motorcycle goes on sale on Saturday August 14e in Monterey, Calif., at The Daytime Auction, hosted by Mecum Auctions, with all proceeds going to the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, non-sectarian school and treatment community for troubled youth . The bike is part of an exclusive series of only 1000 produced worldwide and has a serial number that matches the license plate run by Steve McQueen during the International Six Days Trial (ISDT). Held annually at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on the Del Monte Golf Course during the famous Monterey Car Week, the Mecum Day Auction will additionally feature 600 classic and vintage cars as well as approximately 100 vintage and vintage motorcycles and old ones available for purchase, August 12-14.
It was 1964, when actor and biker Steve McQueen, “The King of Cool”, helped form and fund the first official United States team to compete in the famous ISDT motorcycle race held annually in Europe. Members of his team included Bud and Dave Ekins, Cliff Coleman and John Steen, who all rode their own Triumph motorcycles in the heart-wrenching and iconic race. Their efforts across the pond received high profile, with countless magazines and media outlets including feature articles about the race in their pages. As a result, images of McQueen atop his Triumph No.278 at the 1964 ISDTs remain prolific, even today.
To celebrate the most famous movie star, stunt and motorcycle in history, the new Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition is inspired by the Triumph TR6 which pulled off that famous stunt in the iconic war film classic, ” The Great Escape “. This limited edition brings all the class-leading specs, go-anywhere capability and cutting-edge technology of the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE 2022, and adds its own McQueen-themed premium paint scheme and a long list of good looks. unique details. First launched in 2019, the Triumph Scrambler 1200 quickly became a modern Triumph icon, setting a new benchmark in its class. Fully equipped with a selection of high-end, standard Scrambler accessories, the Steve McQueen Edition is now officially the Scrambler 1200 with the highest specification.
With just 1,000 Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition models available worldwide, each bike is individually numbered on the beautiful solid-machined handlebar clamp, which also features a laser-etched Steve McQueen signature. For even more exclusivity, each bike comes with a unique Certificate of Authenticity showing the bike’s serial number and bearing the signatures of Triumph CEO Nick Bloor and Chad McQueen, son of the legend himself. .
An exceptional opportunity to acquire the serial number. 0278 of the exclusive 1000 Scramblers McQueen Edition series will arrive on Saturday August 14e in Monterey, as he crosses the Mecum auction block with a charitable twist. The highest bidder will not only become the happy new owner of this incredible motorcycle which bears a serial number corresponding to McQueen’s license plate during the 1964 ISDT, but he will also write the check for his purchase directly to the company. Boys Republic school for young people. The successful bidder will also be invited to attend the annual Steve McQueen Auto and Motorcycle Show dinner scheduled for October 2 as a guest of honor at the school located in Chino Hills, California. The school was founded in 1907 and has since helped more than 32,000 at-risk adolescents lead productive and fulfilling lives, including former student Steve McQueen, who not only graduated from the school but has also later provided funding and support to the organization and its missions.
The Mecum Day Auction in Monterey is open to buyers, sellers and spectators. Bidding registration is available online in advance and onsite for $ 200 and includes admission for two on each auction day. Those unable to attend and bid in person are encouraged to register for auctions by telephone and Internet. Doors open at 8 a.m. PT daily, with the vehicle auction starting daily at 10 a.m. PT on Thursday, August 12, and 9 a.m. PT on Friday and Saturday, August 13 and 14. Portions of the auction will air on NBC Sports Network.
Mecum’s website is updated daily with the latest shipments, including detailed descriptions and photographs of the vehicles. To view the list, register a vehicle, or register as a bidder for this auction and all Mecum auctions, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.
The Day Auction – Monterey 2021
August 12-14, 2021
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa – Del Monte Golf Course (1 Old Golf Course Rd Monterey, CA 93940)
Registration of tenderers: $ 200 in advance online and at the door; includes admission for two on each auction day
Overview: Doors open daily at 8:00 a.m. PT
Auction: Vehicles start at 10:00 a.m. PT on Thursday August 12 and 9:00 a.m. PT on Friday and Saturday August 13 and 14
TV program: Be announced
– FINISH –
For more information contact Gina D’Ambrosio at [email protected]
Notes to Editors
ABOUT TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES
- Established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles have been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, UK, and have produced iconic bikes that are the perfect blend of authentic design, character, charisma, and performance.
- Building around 60,000 bikes a year, Triumph is the UK’s largest motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers around the world.
- This focus, innovation and passion for engineering has today created a wide range of motorcycles suitable for all motorcyclists, including the new Trident 660, the world famous Rocket Rs and GTs, the epic Tiger 900, the new, more efficient Street Triple 1200 RS, the iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, transcontinental Tiger 1200, the iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, the Bonneville Bobber, the legendary Thruxton, the accessible Street Twin, the Street Scrambler and the iconic Bonneville T120 and T100.
- Triumph currently employs around 1,800 people worldwide and has subsidiaries in UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil , India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. . Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand, as well as CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
ABOUT REPUBLIC BOYS
- Boys Republic is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian school and treatment community for troubled youth. Since its founding in 1907, it has guided more than 32,000 at-risk adolescents and girls to productive and fulfilling lives.
- At their central school and farm in Chino Hills, Calif., And residential and day treatment centers in other communities, Boys Republic and their companion program, Girls Republic, are helping children in need find themselves. even the resources and skills to start a rewarding life of theirs.
- Boys Republic seeks to empower adolescents with behavioral, educational and emotional challenges the opportunity to realize their maximum potential for responsible and independent living in the community.
- Every effort is made to involve family members in the rehabilitation process and to achieve family reunification. We consider the development of academic, professional and social skills to be essential in helping the young people we serve to return to the community as useful and productive citizens.
ABOUT MECUM AUCTION
- Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world’s leading seller of vintage cars, vintage and vintage motorcycles, and road art, hosting auctions across the United States. The company has specialized in the sale of vintage cars for over 30 years, now offering more than
- 30,000 lots per year and on average more than one auction per month. Founded by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family business with headquarters in Walworth, Wisconsin. For more information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
New Scrambler1200SteveMcQueen Hero2
New Scrambler1200SteveMcQueen Hero5