Holiday shopping calendar: eBay vs. Amazon
By: Ina Steiner
eBay sticks to a more traditional holiday shopping schedule, while Amazon is already bragging about the early start of holiday shopping in its market.
– Beginning of October – Halloween
– Beginning of November – Preparation of the holidays
– November 25 – Thanksgiving
– November 26 – Black Friday
– November 27 – Small Business Saturday
– November 29 – Cyber ââMonday
– Week of November 29 – Cyber ââWeek
– 5 Dec. – First Sunday in December
– 13 Dec. – Green Monday
Amazon’s reveal could be more impressive if it revealed how many toys it had sold during the same period last year (or perhaps 2019, given that the pandemic changed shopping behavior in 2020. ).
As a seller (or as a buyer), do you think Amazon is too early to promote Christmas offers? Or do you think eBay should do more to attract holiday sales?