The best looks and how to recreate them on the main street
THE Brits is one of the biggest events in music, and we’re so happy they’re back.
They have a reputation for having great music, craziness and, of course, a lot of looks.
Last night, the British took place at the O2 Arena in London with 4,000 live spectators as part of the government’s research into how live events might work after the pandemic.
The audience was filled with key London workers thanking them for their hard work and selflessness during the Covid-19 pandemic.
There was no need to distance oneself socially or to wear masks; but they would need a recent negative Covid test.
The British comeback 2021 also saw an iconic British fashion comeback, with sparkly outfits, neon lights and nostalgia reigning supreme.
Dua Lipa looked stunning in the incredible Vivienne Westwood dress, transforming into a Union Jack skirt for her performance; is reminiscent of Geri Horner’s iconic Union Jack dress from the 90s.
Harry Styles went on to dominate the best dress lists, decked out from head to toe in a patterned Gucci suit and leather handbag.
Olly Alexander and Arlo Parks also looked fabulous in a patterned suit, making it one of our favorite trends of the night.
Gemma Collins, Clara Amfo, Rising Star Griff winner, Taylor Swift, and Maya Jama all glowed in jaw-dropping sparkly outfits, and the neon lights were shining with Olivia Rodrigo and Mabel standing out.
Of course, we can’t forget the incredible Little Mix, which looked stunning in matching white outfits, showcasing Perrie and Leigh-Anne’s bumps.
Want to recreate the looks at home? Of course you do.
We’ve picked out our favorite looks from last night below and how to recreate main street trends.
Stand out this summer in Neon and get inspired by Olivia Rodrigo and Mabel’s Brits looks.
- ASOS EDITION Sequin Wrap Mini Dress, £ 120, ASOS – buy here
- Neon Orange Bodycon Balloon Sleeve Bardot Mini Dress, £ 14.99, Women Luxe – buy here
- Lime Fiorella dress, £ 65, dancing leopard – buy here
- Neon Green Cutout One-Shoulder Ruched Dress, £ 11.49, Shein – buy here
Sparkling and stoned
Taylor Swift, Clara Amfo, Maya Jama all rocked the look, and luckily for shoppers there are plenty of consumer versions available for a touch of post lockdown glam.
- Oversized Sequin Blazer, £ 64.95, NA-KD – buy here
- ASOS EDITION mini wrap dress in graphic sequins, £ 150, ASOS – buy here
- ASOS EDITION Sequin Fringe Top Set, £ 48.75, ASOS – buy here
- Fifi Sequin Dress, £ 78, Pretty Lavish – buy here
Where Harry Styles leads in fashion, we follow. A look that will suit everyone, Harry’s Gucci print suit was one of our favorites.
- Lemon Print Double Breasted Blazer, £ 29.49, Shein – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN skinny suit jacket in navy floral print, £ 34, ASOS – buy here
- Printed kimono jacket, £ 59.99, Mango – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN Premium Floral Jacquard Blazer, £ 29.25 – buy here
Little Mix looked flawless in her matching white dresses, and could there be a more screaming summer look than a crisp white dress? Here are our Main Street favorites.
- White Borderie Argalie maxi dress, £ 48, Silk Fred – buy here
- Stradivarius Ruched Poplin Midi Dress in White, £ 29.99, ASOS – shop here
- ASOS DESIGN relaxed embroidered maxi dress with lace inserts in white, £ 55, ASOS – buy here
- Significant Other Claribell draped maxi dress with petal balloon sleeves, £ 103. 95, ASOS – buy here
Vivienne Westwood Punk
Dua Lipa pulled off this look, and if you want to recreate the look at home, Vivienne Westwood is where you’ll need to head.
The iconic neckline and shape is pure Viv, and while you won’t find much of it, the second hand will be your best bet for a designer without the price tag.
Try Ebay, Vestaire Collective for the occasion and Selfridges and Matches for your own fit of the iconic Vivienne cowl neck look.
Can you tell who the star of this 2013 X Factor commercial is?
Little Mix’s Perrie says Saturdays were cut from UK discourse as she confronts
Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards Gets Sweet Note From Spice Girl Geri Halliwell
Jack Whitehall in love with Roxy Horner in matching costumes at Brits
CHANGE OF KEY
British stars have been transforming since their first awards appearances
L’Oreal’s Wonder Water is the £ 9.99 miracle your hair needs – yes, it’s that good.
Nasty Gal launches the Lockdown Collection and it’s full of sassy loungewear.
This cute, lavish wrap dress is all over Instagram and we can’t wait to get our hands on it.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate income.